Visual Studio Code is a feature-rich code editor developed by Microsoft. Extensions can be added to the application to make it more usable. Intellisense is a developer feature that is present n almost all modern code editors and VSCode supports it. However, it does not support it out of the box. Follow the steps below to install Angular intellisense on VSCode Windows.
- Install the typings package through npm. Install it globally.
- Install the Angular specific typings on the directory of your project.
- The typigs folder and files will be created on your projects folder.
- The typings.json file will be created too. Eventually this will be filled up by configuration entries but since we are just starting out and we are only interested in intellisense, this is blank.
- Create the jsconfig.json file in the projects root directory'
- Validate that the AngularJS intellisense is working.
With the release of Angular 2 and 4, the VSCode Marketplace has plenty of extensions are available to help developers. Check out the marketplace here.